Building the Labyrinth and some Images
The image above right is the plan for the head section of the Labyrinth.
This the very first sketch..... yes it’s sketchy, a scrawl and certainly free form at
this point. Basically I was searching to define a feeling of how it should be,
Okay now let me elucidate a bit more on how it actually
happened, “the process” so to speak.
I arrived home with this knowing that I would build a large
Genesa Crystal and place it in the middle of a Labyrinth.
I needed a Labyrinth obviously, not something you can buy
and it is not as if I would accept any old run of the mill
labyrinth..... with all due to respect for the amazing
creations that have gone before throughout history.
It had to be unique to where it would live, combine with the
ambient energies and enhance. Not that that I necessarily
thought that through so thoroughly, for me it just had to be
right. "Right" as defined by it's feel, I trusted that which was
needed would flow to fruition.
So picking up a pen I flowed a little, and the above image
was the result, all of a few seconds worth, but it was a key
and I had a start point. It actually didn't do a thing for me at
the time, sort of an "aaarrrrrggggh" that's awful....
So I put a bit more effort into it and then this image to the
right is what followed, the smudges being where I erased
How does one describe the act of creation like this....... it
just flowed, I knew the feel I required. It's not to scale
Note there is no head piece on the image, this is what "felt"
right at that point.
To the field, it was clear pretty much where it must lay and so I set the axis up, sticks in alignment, how I felt it should
be, how it would fit. I did the calculations ie: width of path and strip between and it began to dawn on me that this
was going to be big!
At this point Marie, still a tad bemused, pointed out that a little pivot to the left with the axis and it would be sitting
on a Ley Line............. okay..... well I never saw that, but I heard the truth of it, and then I find there was a crossing
line where the Genesa Crystal was to be..... as you can imagine there was a growing sense of flow of what was to be.
Imagine if you will your front lawn, leave it for a year or two or three, let it matt to excess, toss in the odd Californian
Thistle or million, take a rotary mower, geriatric at best, carry it to the centre you have defined, (there was no
pushing possible), clear a space to fire it up in and you have the start point.
Having worked the figures I knew how the paths should be placed and to define them I used the width of the lawn
mower and just used a piece of string of defined lengths, centered in the various circles and used lots of little sticks to
mark the curves, or various points on the curves, the rest was done by eye.
A couple of weeks later it was there, walkable and rather wonder-full. Every days work led to the walking of what had
been created so far. As each section was walked it was like the whole creation was being re-inforced to physicality,
given a sense of validity you might say.
So I sat with this for a week or two, the Genesa Crystal had been added, and it was rather wonder-full to walk...... but
then there came a sense that it needed a head. This is what developed.........